Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday Adelyn Rose



Our lovely little lady turned two today. It was bittersweet for Brett and I. Time has gone so fast since this precious little being came into our world, and we have cherished every moment. Sometimes I wish I could stop the clock , but then I would miss each moment that Addy has blessed our lives. Two years ago today, Addy came screaming into the world (all be it reluctantly, wedged behind mommies ribcage, with a bruise on her face to prove it) and has been enriching our lives ever since! I never imagined being a mother (and father, as I am sure Brett would agree) would be so life changing. I knew it would be wonderful, but I had no clue how much I could love a child, right down to the depths of my soul.

Every day watching Addy grow and change is amazing, truly wonderful. She is such a loving, bright, energetic and happy child. She has a hilarious sense of humor that keeps us laughing and a mind that keeps us on our toes! Even when she has moments that have me wondering if she may be possessed, she will turn around and say or do something that just astounds me or makes me laugh in spite of myself. I may not be a "religious" person, but I can honestly say, I thank God on a regular basis for blessing us with such a wonderful daughter.

Happy Birthday Addy! May your life bring you as much pleasure as you bring ours!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Happy Birthday Addy! You're getting to be such a big girl--and such a beautiful one too! Hope you had a wonderful day.

Chellie said...

Happy Birthday Addy! We love you very much & miss your sweet face very much!!