Friday, January 8, 2010

Ahhh the holidays...



As much as I love the holidays, I am thrilled they are over. Not because I don't enjoy spending time with my loved ones, but because things can now calm down, and I have less "things" to do. Life with a 2 month old and a 2 year old is busy enough without the added duties of Holiday cards, shopping and outings.

We had a wonderful holiday season. It was so fun watching Addy really understand and enjoy the holidays this year. She really enjoyed watching movies (Shrek the Halls, Grinch, etc) and eating sweets (I am happy too that is over) as well as our hayride through Winterhaven (local neighborhood that goes all out with holiday decorations), even though it was pouring rain and freezing!! We (Brett, Holly, Addy and Aven) started some of our own traditions (went and decorated a Gingerbread house at the Ritz Carlton on Christmas Eve) as well as joined my family for theirs. Brett and Addy celebrated Hanukkah together and lit the Menorah every night.

New Years was spent with our dear friends the Duncans. We ate a bunch of junk food and played with the kids. At 10pm we celebrated New Years (watched the ball drop on the east coast) with them, and then Brett and I stayed up until midnight (okay 12:10) playing Trivial Pursuit (I won by the way).

All in all it was great. I loved having Brett home for a week plus and am ready for a healthy and prosperous New Year.

1 comment:

Kristol Faucheux said...

olly, the kids are adorable. aven looks just like you!! LOVE the pics of the hummingbird